The Tsource Team is looking for an expert level Network Engineer!
Responsible for the delivery of networking technologies and solutions, including, but not limited to, network routers and switches, VPN technologies, WAN/LAN solutions, security product deployments and enhancements. Individual will work in a team of network engineers responsible for providing a diverse array of deliverables to optimize networking capabilities and services. The ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind are key attributes for this role.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architecture/designs and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure a sound architecture.
• Research technological advancements to ensure that network solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements
• Evaluate complex data networking technologies to understand their potential vs. risk and make recommendations including both technical and business foundations
• Work with technology vendors and IS purchasing in vendor negotiations and selection as needed
• Contribute to the development, testing, distribution, and documentation of networking technologies and solutions
• Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis
• Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner to team lead for support, approval and/or resolution
• Participate in on-call rotation for off-hours support
Education and/or Experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or related major or equivalent technical experience.
• 8-10 years of experience in network technologies
• Technical or Vendor Certifications as appropriate
Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrated technical expertise in the functional areas of the team
• Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to operational team members in the areas of technical skills & competencies.
• Understanding of IS methodologies such as SDLC, ITIL, PMLC and QA/Test.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methodologies of SDLC, quality management, change, and problem management
• Understanding of unit, functional, performance, and regression testing
• Demonstrated skill in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• In-depth working knowledge of Cisco networking products including Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches, Cisco 2800/2900 and 3800/3900 Series routers, Cisco ASA firewalls, and Cisco Nexus switches
• Proven experience with load balancing, security, and wireless network products
• Proficient at the use of Protocol Analyzers (NetScout or Wireshark) to capture, monitor and troubleshoot network or application issues
• Proven experience in the design and delivery of complex network systems
• In-depth working knowledge of IP protocols, QOS, wireless network standards (802.11x), OSI model, and VPN technologies
• Working with various sourcing arrangements as well as hosted technologies
• Working in a distributed global network environment
• Working knowledge of implementing QOS
Desired Skills / Special Requirements of the Position
• ITILv3 certifications preferred.
• CISCO CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
Click here to send us your resume and let us know why you think you would be the perfect candidate for this position. Thank you!