The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for developing strategy and architecture in one or more areas including infrastructure, cloud computing, virtualization, grid computing, collaboration and UC technologies. The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for partnering with other parts of our IT organization as well as our internal customers to help develop business cases and roadmaps, and deliver transformational change that drives business value.
The role requires solid experience in complex enterprise computing environments, deep systems level understanding and technical skills, strong market and ecosystem technology awareness, and excellent communication skills.
Leadership and Communication
• Proven successful history of thought leadership and innovation in a large global technology organization with a track record of innovative solution development and execution across the complete application lifecycle.
• Proven track record of working across organizational boundaries, setting goals, and leading large transformational change
• Excellent communication skills, proven track record of dealing with customers and senior management
As this role is very technical and requires a high degree of complex stakeholder management, the skills of the individual are paramount to the success of the role. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical background, with an understanding of the industry, and skills in the development of infrastructure and collaboration strategies in an environment that may often have conflicting business and technical requirements.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong experience in delivering strategic solutions to a global enterprise
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent process work instruction and technical documentation experience.
• Extensive knowledge of industry standard server technologies including in an enterprise environment.
• Working knowledge of converged architectures.
• Working knowledge of system orchestration tools/solutions such as HP Cloud Service automation
• Strong understanding of guest operating systems and their relationship to virtual platforms
• Strong understanding and experience in technologies comprising Unified Communications and Collaboration, including Jabber and Yammer
– • Strong understanding of enterprise security, including Identity and Access Management both on prem and for cloud-based delivery platforms
• Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting virtual platform issues including the hypervisor, shared storage, and networking
• Experience working with various sourcing arrangements and hosted technologies including IaaS, SaaS and Private/Hybrid/Public Cloud offerings
• Experience with analysis, design, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities and technologies
• Enterprise content management
• Productivity/Collaboration suites as well as unified communications as a whole
• Integration of applications and data into portal technologies (internal and external)
• Social & mobile
• Cloud utilization and integration with on-premise services
• SharePoint on-premise and SharePoint online services with O365
Education and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Business, or related major or equivalent business experience.
•8 to 10 years’ experience designing, implementing, and supporting Windows and Linux virtualized server platforms and solutions.