The Tsource Team is looking for an Application Engineer!
- 4 year Bachelor degree or 10 years of similar experience.
- Experience with reading electrical schematics are desirable.
- Proven problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills are essential.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook software.
Must be a team player that is a leader and has a “sense of urgency”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and coordinates preparation of project documentation for quotation and submittal of customer Company’s products through communications between Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and the customer.
- Maintains and distributes accurate order and changes order documents in an organized folder.
- Maintains accurate real time information in Company’s system (and others, as needed) related to all customer information and all active orders.
Proposals / Quotations:
- Assists Regional Managers, Sales Representatives in the development of quotations based upon customer specifications in accordance with company terms and conditions.
- Reviews client specifications and requirements for all equipment applications.
- Schedules due dates for drawing specifications, technical manuals and other documents needed for the quotation process.
- Monitors the status of the order / project to ensure that documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Submits project documents to management as necessary for approval and submits final approved documents to customer as appropriate.
- Provide highly technical support to sales force for completion of proposal/quotation process.
- Reviews contracts and coordinates with other departments to determine documentation is received for completion of manufacturing units, financial compliance with laws and specification compliance with engineering regulatory agencies.
- Assists in bidding process from evaluation of RFQ requirements through order entry to production of the final documents for submission to manufacturing.
- Primarily responsible for obtaining accurate customer Purchase Order with terms and conditions.
- Completes accurate order entry. Processes any additional change orders for this project – and notifies all departments impacted by customer changes or modifications.
- Communicates all special requests with other Application Engineers, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Communicates any pertinent information to the customer, Regional Manager and Sales Representatives related to the sales order, changes or modifications.
- Enters in customer information into the system ensuring accurate data including billing information, shipping information, customer terms negotiated, sales tax documentation, etc..
- Processes cancellation orders.
- Ensures proper interchange of information is forwarded to Credit, Shipping and Manufacturing as required.
- Provides the primary liaison between sales network, sales staff, engineering and manufacturing staff as well as the customer in a manner that is within the company’s best interests, in support of the company goal.
- Acts as a point person for all purchase orders from customers.
- Coordinates purchase order review with Finance team.
- Provides pertinent commercial information to the Sales Staff and sales network relative to orders. Provides follow up on all aspects of the job from purchase order through the warranty period.
- Notifies sales force and customer of scheduled shipment dates. Follows up with any change of shipment information if adjusted from original scheduled dates.
- Communicates complaints concerning billing or services rendered. Refers complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Exhibits an excellent understanding of all electrical and mechanical features of company’s products and systems.
- Displays familiarity of optimal performance of company products.
- Understands electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, production specifications in order to process submittals and quotations with support of other departments and sales force.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format and compliance with contract requirements.
- Maintains stock of Sales Manuals, Engineering Manuals, and Owner’s Manuals. Mails or distributes in accordance with product shipments, requests or enlisting of new representatives.
- Provides phone coverage as required to support the application engineering function.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Click here to send us your resume and let us know why you think you would be the perfect candidate for this position. Thank you!